If you have lost your data after an update, please follow the path and:
- Choose Cloud Backup > Restore from Cloud to download your places from the cloud, and
- Choose Restore Licenses to restore your subscription in your device.
To be extra safe in CoPilot V10 we recommend enabling the Automatically Backup to Cloud option in the Cloud Backup menu. This will backup your data whenever it is updated.
*Also, before running an update of Copilot, please perform a Cloud Backup.
If the Cloud backup didn't work, unfortunately your favourites will be lost and it won't be possible to recovered them.
To avoid future inconveniences with your favourites please perform a "manual back up" (Only available for ANDROID devices)
Android Manual Backup and Restore
For Android devices we suggest to make a local backup of the following files contained in the Copilot data folder* (see NOTES at the bottom of the article) onto your PC/laptop:
- recents.lst (containing recent destinations)
- favorites.lst (containing the preferred destinations)
- all files with the extension .trp (containing saved routes)
1. Connect your Android to your PC using a USB cable
2. Click on your Phone Drive (once your PC & Windows has detected the phone)
3. If your Phone has an SD card you will see two drives: CARD and PHONE
4. BACK UP the whole folder on a safe location on your Laptop (rename the folder with an additional number or a different name)
5. Connect your new Android on your PC
6. Open the folder where you have installed Copilot (PHONE or CARD)
7. Locate the folder specific to your app as explained in the NOTES
8. Paste the files that you have previously saved on your PC/laptop
9. Disconnect your phone from the PC, Open Copilot and your trips & favourites should be available.
According to the app you have installed on your phone you will see any of these main folders:
Where *** should be replaced by the following:
- NA (for North America maps),
- EU (for European maps),
- SA (for South America),
- OC (for Australia),
- ME (for Middle East),
- AS or SEA (for Asian maps),
- AF (for maps of Africa).