Note: This feature is available in CoPilot Android apps & iOS apps.
Map Feedback is a new feature in CoPilot that allows users to help improve our Map Data in North America. CoPilot users can send feedback related to specific locations that can be tagged along the route along with a detailed description of the event, and potential improvements.
CoPilot allows reporting for the following:
|Types of Feedback|
Found in all CoPilot Applications
|CoPilot Truck |
*In addition to the general feedback found in all CoPilot applications
Steps to tag issue locations and submit Map Feedback
- Tag the location needed for a map improvement by clicking the Map Feedback icon
- You have now tagged the location, which is indicated by the notification on the menu button
- Just cick the notification and follow the steps
- Click 'Map Feedback' to review your tagged locations
- Select location for improvement
- Click on the address to proceed
- Select Type from the list
- Add a Description if you want or just click 'Continue'
- Review and then click 'Submit'
- Your feedback has now been sent to ALK MapSure
In addition, CoPilot users can also report issues for locations that were not previously marked. Select CoPilot Main Menu > Map Feedback > New Location and follow the steps to submit feedback.
What happens after a submission?
After an edit is submitted, a team of dedicated map data experts carefully inspect and verify all proposed changes before pushing them live to the Trimble MAPS community in the next map data update.
How to enable/disable Map Feedback Feature
CoPilot users may choose to enable or disable the Map Feedback icon from the navigation screen. Click on CoPilot Menu > Settings > Map Display & Guidance > and toggle Display Map Feedback to On/Off.
Please be informed that Map Feedback is designed with driver safety in mind. If motion lock is enabled, CoPilot users can only tag a location for feedback and submit the issue from the feedback wizard only when the vehicle is not in motion.