Once you've started your journey, you may need to make a detour to reach your destination.
Find an Alternative Road
Your route may use a particular road that you would prefer to avoid.
There are two ways you can do this:
Tap on the map to avoid a road
- Browse the map to find the road along your route that you wish to avoid.
- Tap the road. An info box will be displayed.
- Tap > on the info box to bring up more details about the road.
- Select Avoid This Road.
- CoPilot will attempt to calculate an alternative route, and the original road will be shown in red on the map to indicate that you have chosen to avoid it.
- If you change your mind and decide you want to use the road after all, tap the road again and select Allow This Road.
Avoid a road from the Directions view
You can easily choose to avoid a road from the Directions guidance view.
- Select Directions in the Driving Menu.
A turn-by-turn list of all the roads on your journey will be displayed
- Select the road you want to avoid and tap Yes to confirm.
- You can compare both routes on the map, and view the distance and estimated journey time for each one.
- Select Original Route to use the initial route
- Select Detour Route to accept the detour
You can return to your original route by selecting Detour then Cancel Detour.