Custom Places, or Points of Interest (POI) can be downloaded from a customer database, or manually created and imported into CoPilot.
POIs Description and Coordinates
If you wish to import POIs, ensure they are in .OV2 and/or .CSV format. Each column should have a header, and be listed in the following order:
- Post Code
NOTE: Even if not all of those columns are used, please keep the column empty. Also, when entering coordinates please use at least coordinates 6 decimals long. This will help improve the accuracy of your routing. You can also use this tool to verify your coordinate's accuracy.
For CoPilot to import images properly, icons should be 22 x 22 pixel, in .PNG or .BMP format.
How to Import
- Plug your device into the computer. (Launch iTunes if it does not open automatically)
- CoPilot should not open on the device, but if it does, then close it. (For more information about closing an App on iOS, see: Close an app on iOS.)
- In iTunes, select the icon for your iOS device from the top left corner of your screen.
- Select Apps; the screen presented should display all Apps on the left.
- Select CoPilot from the Apps area and drag/drop it into the Documents section.
- The custom POI icons and related files will appear listed in the Documents section.
- Wait a few seconds for any CSV or OV2 file to disappear from the list.
- New POI Set Found info box will appear with the POI set name, select the next arrow.
- Choose a preset category as listed, or create a New Category.
- After choosing to create a new category, select the custom icon in the Pick an Image screen.
- When asked if importing safety camera data, choose No.
- Input a new destination search and tap on under Search Places to pull out a list of all POIs, which should include your custom icon; tap it to browse the new POIs near you.
- If you have loaded POIs for a different country you will need to search by entering Other.