Custom POIs (either downloaded from a customer database or manually created) may be imported into CoPilot.
POI's Description and Coordinates
If you wish to import POIs, please ensure they are in .OV2 and/or .CSV format and follow the format below:
We recommend that each column must begin with a header in the following order for formatting purposes:
- Post Code
Note: Even if not all of those columns are used, please keep the column empty. Also, when entering coordinates please use at least coordinates 6 decimals long, this will help improve the accuracy of your routing. You can also use this tool to verify your coordinate's accuracy.
Icons must be in 22 x 22 pixel size in .PNG or .BMP format for CoPilot to import them properly.
How to Import
- Plug your device into the computer (iTunes should automatically open, if not, launch it)
- If this is the first time you are syncing your device with the PC you will be prompted to respond to a "Trust this computer"� box on the device.
- Ensure CoPilot has not yet been launched on the device. If launched please close, i.e. force close the app. For more information about closing an App on iOS, see: Close an app on iOS.
- In iTunes, select the icon for your iOS device at the top left corner of your screen
- Select Apps, you will now be presented with a screen the displays all of your apps and below will be a "File Sharing"� section.
- Select CoPilot from the Apps area
- Then drag and drop or select "Add file"� to load the custom POI images and .CSV/.OV2 files into CoPilot Documents section. The custom POI icons and .CSV/.OV2 files will appear as you drag and drop or add the files to the CoPilot Documents section.
- Wait a few seconds. The csv/ ov2 file should disappear.
- New POI Set Found will display with the POI set name, select the next arrow.
- You can then choose a preset category as listed or create a New Category
- After choosing to create a new category, you can select the custom icon in the Pick an Image screen
- You will then be asked if importing safety camera data: choose No
- Now, when you input a new destination , tap on under Search Places to pull out the list of all POI's, and you will see your custom icon
- Choose it to browse the new POI's near you
- If you have loaded POIs for a different country you will need to search by entering "City Name" > "Other City"