These instructions apply to any CoPilot app installed on any Android device (see here for iOS devices)
If adding custom POI icons, they need to be .PNG format, 22x22 pixels, 16 bit and they need to be the named the same as the corresponding .OV2 and .CSV file.
Please note if you are downloading Custom POI's in .CSV format, the following guidelines must be followed:
Every column must start with a heading from the following list.
- Lat or Latitude
- Long or Longitude
Our importer will recognize items with duplicate Lat/Long/Name and not update these.
If you change the name to a new name for the same Lat/Long then that will create a duplicate unless you delete the POI's first.
If the Name remains but the Lat/Long changes, then that will create a duplicate.
1. Connect your phone to your computer. (For some Android phones, you may need to enable USB Storage mode.)
2. According to the app you have to go to the relevant SAVE folder. Please select the folder starting with com.alk.copilot, and then select:
- NA/save (if you have North America maps),
- EU/save (if you have European maps),
- SA/save (for South America),
- OC/save (for Australia),
- ME/save (for Middle East),
- AS/save and SEA/save (for Asian maps),
- AF/save (for maps of Africa).
3. Copy the PNG files (for the icons) and associated .OV2 or .CSV files to this folder ensuring they are named the same as the .OV2 or .CSV files and disconnect your phone from your computer by pressing "Turn off USB Storage". Please make sure you quit CoPilot completely on your device when copying the PNG files over.
4. Launch CoPilot. It will immediately display a pop up stating that a new POI set has been found and will show you the file name of the POI you imported. Click the next arrow (to the right) and pick which category to store the POI's under. You can either select a pre-existing category or select "New Category" to add your own. Enter a name and click next. Choose the icon/image for the Custom POI and click Next.
5. Select "No" for the option "Are you importing safety camera data?" (Unless that's the case), then click "Next".It should then import all your POIs. The Custom POI category can now be viewed alongside others and turned on/off via Settings > Map Display > Show POIs on Map > Currently Displayed POIs (and similar settings for POI Alerts).
How to remove custom POI's
Custom POI's could be removed in two ways:
- If a new category was created when adding the POI's:
- Go to the folder com.alk.copilot.*saveuser_places
- Remove the relevant folder which carries the name of your POI's category
- Go to the folder com.alk.copilot.*save
- Remove the icon for your custom category
- If the POI's were added to an existing category:
- Update the POI's when an update is available, or
- Completely remove CoPilot from your device, and install it again.
- This will bring CoPilot back to its default settings.