These instructions apply to any CoPilot app installed on any Android device
How to Import Custom POIs
If adding custom POI icons, they need to be .PNG format, 22x22 pixels, 16 bit and they need to be the named the same as the corresponding .OV2 and .CSV file.
Please note if you are downloading Custom POIs in .CSV format, the following guidelines must be followed:
We recommend that each column must begin with a header in the following order for formatting purposes:
- Post Code
Our importer will recognize items with duplicate Lat/Long/Name and not update these. If you change the name to a new name for the same Lat/Long then that will create a duplicate unless you delete the POIs first. If the Name remains but the Lat/Long changes, then that will create a duplicate.
1. Connect your phone to your computer. (For some Android phones, you may need to enable USB Storage mode.)
2. According to the app you have, go to the relevant SAVE folder. Please select the folder starting with com.alk.copilot, and then select:
- NA/save (if you have North America maps)
- EU/save (if you have European maps)
- SA/save (for South America)
- OC/save (for Australia)
- ME/save (for Middle East)
- AS/save and SEA/save (for Asian maps)
- AF/save (for maps of Africa)
3. Copy the PNG files (for the icons) and associated .OV2 or .CSV files to this folder ensuring they are named the same as the .OV2 or .CSV files and disconnect your phone from your computer by pressing Turn off USB Storage. Please make sure you quit CoPilot completely on your device when copying the PNG files over.
4. Launch CoPilot. It will immediately display a pop up stating that a new POI set has been found and will show you the file name of the POI you imported. Click the next arrow (to the right) and pick which category to store the POI's under. You can either select a pre-existing category or select New Category to add your own. Enter a name and click Next. Choose the icon/image for the Custom POI and click Next.
5. Select No for the option "Are you importing safety camera data?" (Unless that's the case), then click Next. It should then import all your POIs. The Custom POI category can now be viewed alongside others and turned on/off via Settings > Map Display > Show POIs on Map > Currently Displayed POIs (and similar settings for POI Alerts).
How to Remove Custom POIs
Custom POIs could be removed in two ways:
- If a new category was created when adding the POIs:
- Go to the folder com.alk.copilot.*saveuser_places.
- Remove the relevant folder that carries the name of your POIs category.
- Go to the folder com.alk.copilot.*save.
- Remove the icon for your custom category.
- If the POIs were added to an existing category:
- Update the POIs when an update is available, or
- Completely remove CoPilot from your device, and install it again. This will bring CoPilot back to its default settings.