We are constantly working with our traffic provider to update coverage. You can see the full list of countries where we currently offer ActiveTraffic here.
In this article:
- Dynamic Traffic Bar
- ActiveTraffic - How much data does it use?
- Why is ActiveTraffic not updating?
- When does my ActiveTraffic expire?
- My ActiveTraffic has not restored
Dynamic Traffic Bar
CoPilot can display a traffic bar alongside the map showing a colour-coded view of real-time traffic conditions along your route. Sections of the route where traffic is moving freely are green, those with moderate congestion yellow and severe congestion red.
- On the side of the bar you'll see the distance ahead CoPilot is displaying traffic information for along your route
- At the bottom of the bar you'll see the amount of time added to your ETA based on current traffic conditions
- Tap on the traffic bar at any time to see a map view of traffic conditions on your route and in the surrounding area
ActiveTraffic - How much data does it use?
ActiveTraffic Data usage can vary greatly depending on a number of factors, including:
- Distance for your journey
- The amount of traffic on your trip along with time of day
After conducting tests during peak times using the default settings, we have deduced the following information:
- Road - 1 hour, roughly 49 miles = 160 KB
- Road - 8 hours, on 5 days / week for 4 weeks (20 days), data usage would be approx. 27 Mb
**Please be aware that these results are not static and can vary according to unexpected circumstances of the trip.
Why is ActiveTraffic not updating?
There are a number of reasons why traffic information may not appear on your device:
- Your device will check every 5 mins by default. Follow the path to verify the time interval. You may not be receiving traffic updates as often as you require.
- Your device will look 60 miles ahead by default. Follow the path to verify this setting. You may not be checking for traffic far enough ahead.
- Your device may be out of or have low cell/mobile phone coverage for the last couple of checks, and you may not receive the traffic report because of this.
- Our Traffic provider may not yet receive the traffic information from the local Highways Agencies and emergency services by the time you reach the traffic blackspot.
Our Traffic Data Providers cover all the major roads in our road network, however this does not always include all minor roads.
If you are still encountering an issue with Active Traffic not appearing on your device, please submit a support ticket and include the following information:
- Your departure
- Your destination
- Whether you drive off-route in your journey
- Which country you are in
- What date you experienced this
- What time you experienced this
When does my ActiveTraffic expire?
ActiveTraffic is available as a 12 month subscription. You can check when your subscription expires by tapping on the ActiveTraffic banner in .
My ActiveTraffic has not restored
Make sure the CoPilot ID you have set in MyCoPilot > My Account is the one that you made the purchase with. If it is not you will need to uninstall CoPilot and reinstall using your original CoPilot ID.
If the CoPilot ID in MyCoPilot > My Account is correct, please select Restore License(s) on this screen.
If you are sure you are using the correct CoPilot ID and Password but you are receiving a restore unsuccessful error or that restore is successful but you still do not have the feature restored, please contact our Support team and supply the CoPilot ID, and also tell us whether you see a green tick next to the missing feature in