Unlimited Voice-guided 3D Navigation will provide text to speech navigation via your device speakers if the following are set up on your device:
- Unlimited Lifetime Voice-Guided 3D Navigation feature appears to be active by looking at the Features & Upgrades menu in CoPilot
- Audio volume is turned up loud enough to be heard in a vehicle
- Device has a stable GPS fix
Are you licensed for Full Voice-Guided 3D Navigation in-app?
Follow the path to the Features & Upgrades menu in CoPilot: Main Menu > MyCoPilot > Features & Upgrades, and see if you see Unlimited Use of Voice-Guided Navigation displayed with a indicating that the feature has been activated.
Can you download voice(s) in CoPilot?
Once you go through Settings > Language & Voice to select a voice, tap on the Test button at the left of the Download one, to make sure that you can hear CoPilot speaking.
Is the "Welcome to CoPilot" message audible upon launch?
Go to the Personalisation in the Settings menu by going to Settings > Personalisation and ensure that Say Welcome to CoPilot is enabled; then, restart CoPilot to see if the welcome message is reproduced:
- If the welcome message can be heard, a missing GPS fix is the reason why you cannot hear the voice instructions
- If you cannot hear the welcome message, the sound settings of your device, or your bluetooth speakers, and the compatibility between any external speaker and CoPilot, could be the origin of the problem
Is CoPilot being used with a Bluetooth GPS car speaker?
CoPilot may not be able to output voice guidance depending on your device/receiver's Bluetooth profiles and settings; so, you can disable Bluetooth on your device to see if the voice instruction can be heard.
Are you able to hear voice guidance but street names are not audible?
Text to Speech (TTS) guidance is the feature which enables CoPilot to speak the names of the streets or the exits on the major roads. It can be enabled by selecting a TTS voice for your language.
- Text to Speech guidance can be enabled by going to Main Menu > Settings > Language and Voice > *your language* > Select the option with the * next to it.
Have you restarted your device?
- Close all applications and restart your device.
Have you uninstalled and reinstalled CoPilot?
If all above fails, you can uninstall and reinstall CoPilot.