CoPilot Navigation

Start a new topic

Route_Planning&Route_Logic

This is a topic migration from the old forum: https://copilot.zendesk.com/hc/de/community/posts/115000246325-Feature-Request-Drag-a-route

First of all: The all new CoPilot app is beautiful. It is clean and way more intuitiv. Thanks for that!

But: An unique selling proposition ist suddenly missing: to manually drag a route on the map. For me as a biker, this feature was essential for planing my day trips. I hope so badly, that you are still working on this in the new app.

Thanks in advance!

18 people like this idea

...yes, bring it back to V10 please. Such a useful function. Better then create a new waypoint.

Cheers Joachim

Hi,

Having contacted customer support I had the following response which is a good option to dragging a route, and means you do not have to manually insert lots of waypoints. Just enlarge the screen and tap on the road you wish to take (or avoid). I wasn't aware this was an option and it has helped me:-

As part of our improvements to our latest CoPilot V10 version, the route planning UI and the Drag option have been overhauled to make it easier to preview alternative routes.

You are still able to customise a route from the map planning screen by tapping on the road you wish to take, then on the tool tip pop-up tap the arrow and select the option you prefer from:

Set as New Trip Avoid this Road Route through Here 

Please also see our short article to learn how to avoid a road.

Thanks, that is really useful. I spent a very frustrating hour trying to find a suitable route yesterday following a road closure. The preferred route for the app was through the closed road, I couldn't find the alternate route function or drag and drop. Whilst I much preferred the V9 functions this does at least offer a solution.
Having said that I am looking at alternative mappinng apps, as although I have bought all of Europe and traffic updates, the new version is really a huge step backwards to me.

"Drag a route" option was the only reason for me to use Copilot,now every other free Navi app could be the same or better.

Adding waypoints / route through here works well sometimes but 'drag a route' works better in other situations. Why can't the app offer both functionalities? Losing the ability to drag a route is definitely a backward step - please bring it back!
Personally I haven't missed the drag route option. I didn't find it particularly helpful. I prefer to insert the odd waypoint- route thru here. If you must have it why not revert back to version 9? http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/alk-technologies/copilot-gps-navigation-app/copilot-gps-navigation-app-9-6-4-144-release/copilot-gps-navigation-app-9-6-4-144-android-apk-download/download/ There maybe an ios version there.

Guten Abend. Ich habe die App gekauft, weil sie etwas konnte, was andere Navi-Apps nicht konnten. Die Route zu ziehen. Dafür habe ich Geld ausgegeben. Es war für mich eine zugesicherte Eigenschaft. Diese Funktion wurde leider entfernt, damit ist die App für mich schlecht geworden. Und kommen Sie mir nicht damit, ich kann die Route durch einen Ort führen, den ich antippe. Das will ich nicht!!! Und es ist nicht das selbe! Entweder diese Funktion wird wieder aufgenommen oder ich verlange mein Geld zurück. Wie sieht Ihr Angebot aus? Notfalls lasse ich das durch einen Anwalt klären. Sie sehen, ich bin deswegen ganz schön sauer. Ich bitte um eine Rückmeldung. Mit freundlichem Gruß

I also miss drag & drop functionality badly. We use CoPilot on survey missions and often it is necessary to adapt a route quickly. The proposed alternative does not offer the same advantage!

Dear Copilot Users:

As part of our improvements to our latest CoPilot V10 version, the route planning UI and the Drag option have been overhauled to make it easier to preview alternative routes.

You are still able to customize a route from the map planning screen by tapping on the road you wish to take, then on the tool tip pop-up tap the arrow and select the option you prefer from:

Set as New Trip, Avoid this Road, & Route through Here .

Please also see our short article to learn see our short article to learn how to avoid a road.

Any invitation to alter settings while driving can only be considered dangerous and probably illegal.

Emmanuel Fabiani created topic

9 minutes ago on Tue, 4 Jul at 10:26 AM

Test

I hope that you will re-add drag&drop function as soon as possible,new function is unuseful and too slow to use,planning with drag & drop is the most useful function on this app,very expensive.I can't use this software now.

You are still able to customize a route from the map planning screen by tapping on the road you wish to take, then on the tool pop-up tap the arrow and select the option you prefer from:

Set as New Trip 
Avoid this Road 
Route through Here 

Please also see our short article to learn how to avoid a road.

We are committed to improving this feature further; so we thank you for your continued feedback.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to let us know by sending us a request.

Agree...

CoPilot used to work fine before the gremlins got at it this year. To my mind I think you should have followed the maxim 'If it ain't broke don't fix it!' Life is too short trying to plan a route, it is completely undependable. You can take ages setting all the way points and avoids possible to specify a route then it becomes progressively illogical. You get tiny unnoticeable shortcuts and daft convoluted long-cuts. These are routes that I am familiar with, I dread to think where I will end up using it in earnest. I have tried various routing profiles none of which produce a satisfactory ending. Its maps are ancient including footpaths; unmade roads and defunct titles. Then if you make the mistake of stopping on route you will be sent round in circles. Any invitation to alter settings while driving can only be considered dangerous and probably illegal. All this before I get to the graphics which are incomprehensibly designed to be used in portrait otherwise acres of space is wasted and information placements is questionable. Also the website/forum has been modified to hinder adverse comment and user interface. Even unfavourable reviews on Google Play have been addended with the same old smokescreen trotted out by CoPilot support.

The only conclusion I can make is that CoPilot has either totally lost the plot and want users to redesign it for them or are trying to get out of unsustainable lifetime promises.

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment